The Market Today in Idaho Falls



Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale

I’m surprised by the market in Idaho Falls currently. We’re currently experiencing inventory beginning to expand. As we’ve discussed before, we examine inventory levels through the absorption rate. Now, we have a 2.5% absorption rate.

A balanced market normally has about six months worth of inventory available. Theoretically, it’d take six months to sell all the homes on the MLS. Currently, we have around 2.6 to 3.5 months of supply. Additionally, it takes around 72 to 76 days on average to sell in our market.

We also like to figure out the likelihood of homes selling. I do this by going back ninety days and analyzing homes that have sold since being listed. 


This data just scratches the surface. I expect the market to be on fire this year. I anticipate the likelihood for sellers to increase. However, it can’t be done without more inventory. That’s why now is an opportune time to list! If you’re looking to either buy or sell around the Idaho Falls area, I’d be happy to help. Reach out by phone or email!

1 comment :

  1. This is an amazing post. Thanks for sharing these details here. I know how beneficial it is to make property investment. Lately, I bought a property in Dove mountain Luxury Real Estate and it is very beautiful. I got it at very reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete